stuart noble

Phil Addison wrote in message ...
Bloody 'ell, you've just reminded me that my daughter has one of these
metal racks above her hob, and below the cupboard where an extractor fan
can be fitted. And I do recall seeing a fused outlet in the back of the
cupboard. I'll be round there with my meters and detectors tomorrow to
see if its feed is anywhere near the screws!!!

Well, I hope your detector works better than mine. For a start, I need a
magnifying glass to see whether I'm on stud or electrical detection (is
there a difference?). Then I get readings suggesting the cable is 6" wide.
Now it's above the fitting, now it's below. Oh sod it! Turn the power off
and use a cordless drill. But that's probably what the rack fitter did in
this
incident.
Is there really no more accurate method? Any treasure hunters out there?