Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Hugo Nebula abuse@localhost wrote:
Only a fool would run cables diagonally across a wall. I can't think of
any real reason ever to do it - apart from to 'save' cable.

My first taste of "work experience" was labouring for a week with a
couple of electricians on a barn conversion in Derbyshire (admittedly
in the 1970's). My jobs included chasing out the walls for the
sockets in as straight a line as I could from one corner of the wall
to the diagonally opposite one, and mixing the plaster for the
'professionals' to plaster straight over them when they'd wired the
sockets up.

Don't know why they did it that way, but one has to wonder why someone
doing a barn conversion in the Peak District would employ electricians
from over fifty miles away at a time of high unemployment, unless they
were exceedingly cheap.

Yes - I've come across pro installations with no grommets in the box
knockouts, no earth sleeving, no tails to the box earth, and boxes 'fixed'
with the most amazing things. Masonry nails into wood. Clouts into brick.

Some just take a delight in saving pennies regardless.

--
*If you don't like the news, go out and make some.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.