Ian Middleton

"AndyP" wrote in message
I need to take a new feed from my cold water cistern in the loft in order
hook up a power shower so I've bought a tank connector from Wickes. It
didn't come with any washers, which I assume I need. Is this correct? If
so,
what sort - they sell all kinds, leather, rubber etc (I am still talking
about Wickes here by the way). I assume I need to use PTFE on the thread
of
the connector. Is it also worth using some kind of sealant (silicone,
plumbers mait, etc) to ensure a bombproof seal?

Also, as it's only a 15mm connector (it will only be used for the shower),
haven't seen a holesaw that will make a small enough hole. The tank is
plastic - will a flat wood drill bit work, or will it result in me having
buy a new cistern?

Also watch that not too much force from the pipe work and pipe work moving
is applied to the tank connector. In my last house the connecting pipe
"jumped/moved" when the power shower was turned on and off and over time
split the tank very slighty leading to the tank emptying out into the loft
whilst on holiday.... Not nice to come back to.