Dan Gravell

Christian McArdle wrote:
Set the timer to be on 24 hours a day. Replace your room thermostat with a
programmable type. Then it doesn't matter that your clock is knackered, and
you have the heating controls in the lounge, where they belong and all the
advantages of a programmable thermostat, such as selecting a specific
temperatures for different times of day.

Silly question now perhaps, but do all boilers support these things?
I've started an email enquiry with Honeywell about their products, but
I'm not sure whether my boiler will allow a programmable thermostat to
be fitted. One would hope the interface to the boiler is a generic one
through standard inputs.

The boiler is no more than ten years old, I think.

Dan