Norminn

clipped

Third Iacocca did save Chrysler by taking the Federal Government into a
Multi-Billion dollar bail out of your and our tax dollars to save them. Without
the bail out they would have just went belly up. You can't go broke with the
Federal Government with deep pockets suppling you with cash.

Did the Feds put up cash, or just a loan guarantee? How much would the
Feds (we, the taxpayer) have paid in unemployment, welfare, lost taxes,
etc., if Chrysler had gone belly-up?

Now don't get me wrong here. he was a good saleman and engineer but had a
problem with judgement of right and wrong as to who running the show. Some

No lack of judgement. Henry hired him to run a show. Iacocca came up
with a product that made history. I say he had the right to protect it
- it was his "baby", creatively, at least. Execs part ways every day
when junior has grown into the shoes of senior and senior still occupies
the shoes. )

people call that the Big Head. He might be paying back some of his buddy for the
Government bail out which made him shine good back then.

TURTLE