Greg Millen

Unless you are military and/or get free shipping, sell your tools and buy
them again here. You'll get more for your dollar. What's more, you can take
240v machines home to the US if you return.

Transformers are not worth the hassle IMHO. I have slowly re-converted
everything back to 240v from 110v and wish I'd stayed with just one
standard.

--

Greg

"john smith" wrote in message
Hi all

Does anyone know if there is a inverter or transformer (not sure what they
would be called) that will allow me to bring my 120 volt and 240volt
60hertz
tools to Australia. I'd like to bring the drills, drill press, jointer,
planer... with me if its possible to run them down there. So I guess this
"machine" would have to handle up to 35amps 240volt and 20amps for
120volt.
FYI their power is 240volt 50hertz.

Thx Mat