Andrew Barss

Greg wrote:
:OK, so I don't keep up :-). I thought MP3 was a recording technique.
:You're telling me it's a separate and distinct medium? I guess I'll
:have to do a google.

: MP3 (WMA or whatever) is the digital recording and playback of music. No more
: little bits of plastic.
: That is why RIAA has their panties in a wad over it. They aren't trying to
: protect the music business, just the plastic business.
: I haven't used a record, tape or CD to listen to music for almost 4 years. Once
: you figure out you can have instant access to a thousand albums with the touch
: of a button you wonder why anyone would.

Well, the sampling rate for a typical MP3 is about one one-hundredth
of that for a CD. So, go with MP3s if you like really degraded sound.

-- Andy BArss