In article ,
"David Gale" wrote:

I'm sure we have *very* detailed lists of all our weapons (I seem to
recall that, earlier this summer, there was a flap about the
government recalling old cannons that towns had in their town
centers), and can document exactly where, when, and by whom any
destruction of said weapons actually occured. And we're not even
under a UN mandate to prove that.

Boy, you are a pip.

2003 GAO audit of the Department of Defense...disclosed that some 62%
of all weapon systems in U.S. military inventories either didn't work,
did not perform to specifications, or were otherwise faulty.

This government cannot even account for all the plutonium it's produced.
Quite literally, TONS of the U.S.'s best bomb-grade stuff are missing.
If terrorists get nuke ingredients, guess where it probably comes from?

Confiscating cannon in town squares is a LOT like the idiotically
useless strategy of sending troops to invade a country that had nothing
to do with our horror story.