Minnie Bannister

Obviously I meant "a *less* tedious and error-prone way."

MB

I wrote:

It's 6" dia. single-wall uninsulated flexible aluminum ducting -- like
some I have seen for a drier (but bigger, of course). It was in the
ducting section of Menards, not in the dryer accessories section. It's
of a spiral (more accurately "helical," I guess) construction, with a
crinkled appearance where successive turns overlap. As displayed in the
store it was 4' or less long.

I did manage to ease it out to the required length (after throwing away
several inches from each end, where some of these successive turns
pulled apart) by bending -- not easy in the space between joists, floor
above, and suspended ceiling grid -- and pulling gently. I'm sure there
must be a more tedious and error-prone way, however -- in case I have to
do the same again.