Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Bill wrote:
Last year I helped a friend replace her kitchen cupboards. When we took
down one of them there was a neatly drilled hole in the plaster behind
it with no rawl plug in it but with some very nice and quite artistic
black scorch lines radiating from it for about 1/2" all around and a
pencilled note saying "do not use"! It must have been interesting to
observe!
It was also directly above a 13A twin outlet that was still in use,
after digging a hole in the plaster it was clear that the live had been
neatly cut. The circuit had been used for years with a break in the live
side. Oh and there were only wired fuses in a very overloaded and
similarly blackened CU which has now been replaced with a new split load
one.

Darwin must love DIYers.

Hmm. Have you evidence this was caused by DIY? Most wouldn't rest after
such an incident and get it fixed. Not so many so called pros - especially
kitchen fitters who seem to be on piece rate. It's not their problem after
they leave - especially if things still 'work'.

--
*Real men don't waste their hormones growing hair

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.