Bill

In message , Steve Firth
writes
If the installer was Ms Tonge herself then the error may perhaps be
understandable. OTOH I can't see how someone managed to install the rack
without electrocuting themself.

Last year I helped a friend replace her kitchen cupboards. When we took
down one of them there was a neatly drilled hole in the plaster behind
it with no rawl plug in it but with some very nice and quite artistic
black scorch lines radiating from it for about 1/2" all around and a
pencilled note saying "do not use"! It must have been interesting to
observe!
It was also directly above a 13A twin outlet that was still in use,
after digging a hole in the plaster it was clear that the live had been
neatly cut. The circuit had been used for years with a break in the live
side. Oh and there were only wired fuses in a very overloaded and
similarly blackened CU which has now been replaced with a new split load
one.

Darwin must love DIYers.

--
Bill