Fly-by-Night CC

In article ,
Larry Blanchard wrote:

Well, no, the question is "is the country better off ...", or at least
it should be.

Since I get the distinct impression Bush feels he is (or at least wants
to be) the president of the world, the question becomes, "is the world
better off than 4 years ago?"

I believe that's the question former ambassadors, generals, etc. are
using to determine their endorsements. They recognize and value the
standing the US must maintain in world relations. One can't act the
bully in the neighborhood and then be able to count on his neighbors for
support and aid when he needs it.

In my view the world is worse off, the US is worse off, my state is
worse off, my town is worse off and my household is worse off. Other
than that...

____

The problem in this country is that the bar is constantly being lowered;
we then cheer clearing the bar as a great accomplishment and achievment.