DanG

Minnie,

I don't know what you bought. Is it single wall stuff for a dryer
or is it insulated flex duct?

Most flex duct comes in 25' boxes. It usually has a inside
plastic liner with a spiral wrapped wire inside - this wire is
usually loosely fastened to the plastic, but can be pulled out.
The outer wrapping is usually foil or plastic on top of fiberglass
insulation.

You should be able to grab the inside plastic while someone else
holds the other end of the inside plastic and accordion the thing
right on out.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Minnie Bannister" wrote in
message ...
I bought some flexible aluminum ducting that was claimed to be 8'
long but of course was "collapsed" when I bought it.

Is there some special trick in stretching this stuff out to
anything approaching its specified length? I only need it to
stretch to about 5' long, but it just seems to keep
"unraveling" -- coming apart where the "turns" overlap.

--
MB

Whether you vote Democrat or Republican in November, the country
will still be run from boardrooms in the USA and elsewhere, not
by your elected representatives.