tony sayer

In article , Michael Chare Munderscor
writes
"Steve Firth" wrote in message
Michael Chare wrote:

If the installer was Ms Tonge herself then the error may perhaps be
understandable. OTOH I can't see how someone managed to install the rack
without electrocuting themself.

If the drill bit just hit the live wire you might not get a shock because

a) Quite likely holding onto plastics parts of drill

b) Possibly not touching any other earthed item.

Birds sit on live wires everyday without ill effect!

Yes, then you have a screw to get into place while holding onto the
metal rack. How does that work?

Even if the screw connected the live wire to the plate rack, and you touched the
rack, you would only get a shock if current could flow through your body to
earth.

Yes but I suspect that this time she had a grip on the rack which caused
muscle contraction and then her leg may well have been forced into
contact that bit more with the earthed dishwasher.

All due to the duff electrical cable routing installation in the first
place. IMHO that is..

And had a whole house RCD been fitted she'd be around today.....
It likely would not do this if you were wearing rubber soled shoes and
standing on a non conducting dry floor.

Possible wet hands?..

--
Tony Sayer