James Hart

Brian Sharrock wrote:
"EricP" wrote in message

snip

Sadly, I think we are no longer in a commom sense time.

Todays Idiocy was being told that the local primary can no longer
display school photos on the internal notice board in the school
hall.

Every parent is required to agree to their childs image being
included in any photo. Half a dozen always refuse, so the school
photo is ended.

Don't know the veracity of this ... told it by a man that knew a man
... Schools have a requirement to have a photograph of each child
on its file ... this costs money ... so;- photographers come into
school and produce the 'file' photo for free ... then recoup the
money by selling copies to parents, grand-parents plus the
siblings' photos, plus the school photos ...funny old world!

When we were kids it was always sort of implied that the standard good
quality school photo was needed for the media and police for the "school kid
missing, here's what he looks like" situations. Nowadays when you see a
missing person on the telly, it's often a zoomed-in crop of a holiday snap
that doesn't clearly show the person involved, makes you wonder if there was
some truth in what we were told after all.

--
James...
www.jameshart.co.uk