On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 09:50:05 -0700, Larry Blanchard
wrote:

In article ,
says...
Yep. Still buy good ones at estate sales too. For fifty cents it's
hard to resist stuff I like. One of my many tasks in the future will be
to copy them to CDs - if I live long enough :-).

Skip a step and rip them straight to MP3s. CD is going to be as dead as the 8
track in a few years.

OK, so I don't keep up :-). I thought MP3 was a recording technique.
You're telling me it's a separate and distinct medium? I guess I'll
have to do a google.

MP3 is a compression protocol. it's essentially the audio channel of
an MPEG video file.