Doug Kanter

You said "kid". So, stop asking these questions. There's only one answer:
Secure it as if you expected it to be stolen by two big strong guys. If your
new set is anything like my 32" Sony, it's very front-heavy. While preparing
to move out of my previous residence, I reached behind the set to undo some
audio wires. I needed just a tad more room for my hand - maybe 1/2", so I
nudged the TV. It toppled forward and fell two feet onto a wooden speaker
stand, crushing it as if a car had driven over it. What was left was crumbs
and dust. The TV fell with the screen facing the floor, but survived without
a scratch. I have no idea how. But, if that had been a little kid, we
would've been in the E.R. all day.

Poke around online for wall brackets. Mount the bracket in such a way that
the TV appears (as much as possible) to sit on the entertainment center. Or
something. But forget "which furniture" - nothing will stop the TV if
someone tugs on it, unless it's fastened in place.