Andy Hall

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 16:02:40 +0000 (UTC), "AndyP"
wrote:

That's great, thanks for the advice.

When it comes to tasks like this, is it better to use silicone or plumbers
mait? I've got some of both - the silicone (from Wickes) says it's not
suitable for permanent submersion it water. Is this just because I've bought
the cheap stuff, or is this normal?

It may be acrylic sealer rather than silicone. Silicone sealer gives
off a smell of acetic acid as it cures. I would use this rather than
plumber's mait.

I've got some leather washers - will they do the job? What's the difference
between leather ones and rubber ones?

They may be, but I've always used the rubber ones because they came
with tank connectors that I've bought.

The distance is fairly short - basically the tank is more or less directly
over the airing cupboard, so the pipe will go down there, then straight
through the wall into the back of the shower. Probably not more than about
1.5m.

Should be OK.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl