G&M

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
TimD wrote:
Very sad story, but no doubt will be seized upon as justification for
changes to the Electrical Wiring Regulations (Part P)

Or protecting with a RCD - although I know this can cause problems with
kitchen appliances.

???

Perhaps the kitchen appliance causes problem with the RCD but I would say
that's the appliance that's out of spec. I've always had everything on an
RCD and never had more than a couple of annoying trips. Last one was the
washing machine literally exploding inside (a triac had had enough of life)
and as we were out I'm glad it was fully protected as the 30A kitchen trip
didn't cutout.