Rob Morley

In article , "Steve Firth" %
says...
Dave Liquorice wrote:

Hear, hear. I hope they can track down the installer and/or his
company and slap a manslaughter(*) charge on them or at the very least
neglegance.

From the details given, it's impossible to say if the electrical
installation was at faut or if the kitchen isntaller (or possibly DIYer)
was at fault.

The electrical cable may well have been installed correctly, but the
kitchen installer could have made the error of not realising that a
cable ran horizontally or vertically from a fitting.

If the installer was Ms Tonge herself then the error may perhaps be
understandable. OTOH I can't see how someone managed to install the rack
without electrocuting themself.

Presumably a loose screw fretted its way through the insulation.