mac davis

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 17:18:27 GMT, "John Emmons"
wrote:

price it at OHS, if you have one locally.. they're lower on craftsman
stuff and honor all sears sale ads..

Along the same line, I wandered into the Sears at Montclair Plaza,
Montclair, CA the other day. Discovered that they had totally remodeled and
restocked the entire tool dept.

Started looking at the new table saws, got approached by a salesman who
actually knew what he was talking about. It was quite refreshing. He
recommended the Craftsman 22114 saw when it goes on sale as the best buy in
the place. I'd agree as it has just about everything you'd want except the
Biesmeyer fence. The 22124 which includes the Biesmeyer, is about $400.00
more if I recall correctly.

Whichever saw I end up with, it was a pleasant experience talking with
someone who could actually answer questions without reading a manual or
reciting facts off the price tags.

John Emmons

"loutent" wrote in message
In article , Rob V
wrote:

So the chuck my 3 year old craftsman cordless drill locked up somehow.
Wouldnt loosen or tighten anymore.
I walked into sears - show the guy and asked if they can do anything.

He
told me they dont have that model any more - but he will see what he can

do.
He ended up giving me a brand new 15.4v cordless drill - no problems at

all.
Gotta hand it to sears - gotta give them a thumbs up.

Anyway - sortof a mini gloat.

Hi Rob,

I agree that Sears is a pretty stand-up company where the cutomer is
most always right. I have quite a few Craftsman hand tools (ratchets,
etc) that are really very good. The power tools (Craftsman brand) are
not that great - I don't think that I have even one - oh yeah, a
grinder that is very underpowered, but I don't use it much.

Still, we have been buying appliances from Sears for 40+ years and the
reason we keep going back is that if there ever is a problem of any
kind (defects, coupons, discounts, late deliveries etc) they have
always come through with customer service that tries to put a smile on
your face.

I am sort of waiting for a review of their new table saws with the
Biesmeyer fence that is supposed to be decent. I'd like to upgrade.

Lou