bill a

I would guess that there is a leak in the (low) trap area, and the water
is either being directed by the wax seal back into the drain, or the water
is crawling down the outside of the closet ell and stack without touching
the other building materials along the way. In the latter case, would
you be able to see any dampness at the bottom of the stack?

Bill

"deek1990" wrote in message
om...
after flushing normally, the water in our upstairs toilet bowl
gradually goes down over the course of a few hours. Overnight it has
gone down about 1 inch. I'm sure if we went away for a few days, it
would be empty. There are no wet marks on the floor next to it, nor
are there any on the ceiling below it. Why is it going down? and how
do we fix it?

Thanks for your help!
Cheers,
Deek