Tim

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 11:16:23 +0000, Ian Stirling wrote:

I can't imagine an easy way to do this. If 'hubby' has a 3mm HSS drill
in drill set on "ramming speed", and just presses a bit, it'll go
through most stuff easily.

Heavy duty metal conduit would stop most masonary bits surely? OK - you
did say HSS, so I'd agree with that stated, but I would assume that
sensible DIYers would use the correct type of drill bit???

As my Dad used (and still does) say - you can make something "fool proof",
but not "bloody fool proof".

He witnessed the aftermath from when a substation attendant happily threw
an 11kV oil filled switch handle through the "off" into the "earthed"
position depsite the fact that to go past "off" needed a 90deg twist of
the handle to prevent accidental mis-operation.

Fortunately the operator ended up bent over the now low switch handle by
the time the dead short blew the 1/2 inch thick several-foot-square metal
lid off the switch, caused it to frisbee over him, across the room and
demolish a pair of steel blast doors into the street.

LEB renewed the switch, attendant renewed his trousers.

Timbo