Martin Angove

In message ,
"John" wrote:

Peter wrote:
"John" wrote in message
I think our oven is on the way out as food (joints etc.) take a lot
longer to cook than the recommended times at the recommended temps.
Anybody know how to check the temperature of an oven, without having
to spend a fortune on a suitable temp gauge? Are there any places
they can be hired / borrowed? Or am I likely to have anything in my
garage or shed that may help, i.e. certain things melt at certain
temps. etc..

What sort of cooker is it ? Gas Electric ? Fan ?

Maplins sell a cheap DMM with a pyro function

Peter

Sorry Should have said, electric, Fan, Double Oven. We are experiencing the
problem with the main (largest) oven.

Just a thought, but have you checked the door seal? IM(limited)E it is
just as likely that this has gone as that an element has gone, and it's
possibly easier to replace too.

Hwyl!

M.

--