Richard Porter

On 12 Oct 2004 Peter wrote:

Peter wrote:

Well regs say so sockets are for portable appliances if said
appliance is fixed then it should be wired via a switched isolator
one exceptionn given is a clock.

I bet all of those built in kitchen appliances are supplied with moulded
on plugs!!

They may look "built-in" but I bet the appliances we are talking about
(a washing machine and a dishwasher) are in fact free-standing,
probably on castors, and just slide into purpose-made slots in the
kitchen units. In that case they are not "fixed" and can have normal
flexes and plugs.

--
Richard Porter
Mail to username ricp at domain minijem.plus.com