Anthony VanCampen

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 15:44:27 -0500, Lars Stole wrote:
(9) There is a small yellow circle of plastic in the middle of the
table with the writing "align-a-cut" that seems to serve no purpose
whatsoever. The instruction manual says nothing about it. Any ideas
how to use this?

Yup,
If you need to make several cuts of the same type. After the first one,
carefully pull the piece back and make a pencil mark on the disk. Now you
can align to that mark and all the pieces will be cut the same way. Or
you can use it to set the kerf width for the blade on both sides, useful
if you are making cuts with the blade tilted. Make a cut from each side of
the blade, mark the edges and you can see your kerf width.

Used to be in the Manual, oops, it was the old sears power tool know how
book. The pictures for the "Exact-I-Cut" show, Joe Woodbutcher, using a
miter gauge with a hold down to find the and mark the edges of the kerf.

And SWMBO thinks I'm crazy 'cause I hate to throw things out.