Neil Jones

Default Hutton, the real facts.

"IMM" wrote in message

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , Ashley

Stevens
writes
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Its patently obvious what happened.

You sound just like Tony Blair now....

No, it seems that in the face of overwhelming lack of evidence and

bush
doing an about turn, Bliar has had to admit there might be a failing
somewhere

I have yet to hear this from minimie

Maxie, the UK intelligence people kept telling the government that WUD

would
be found. So they tell people that. TB doesn't look under rocks in

the
desert you know.

If it appears there are no "smoking gun" WUD, then an inquiry has to

set up.
But the capability to get them zippo was there, which is the main

point, and
I'm sure that will come out. You don't need a smoking gun.

Strange that up until last week there was absolutely no need for an
enquiry, but now we need one. I wonder why that might be...

With a presidential electing looming in the US, all the Democrat
candidates have said they will hold an enquiry into the Iraq war. If
there's going to be an enquiry, better for Bush to be on his own terms,
so he has set one up.

That put the pressure on Blair, because unless we can "get our
retaliation in first" it seems likely that Bush will blame the CIA
who'll blame it on being passed dodgy info by the Brits (cf Niger
uranium intel).