Andrew Koenig

"John" wrote in message

I made an offer on a house, and the owner went for it. Signed the Purchase
&
Sales agreement.

Congratulations!

The realtor is still showing the house, which I guess is normal?

Yes. From the seller's viewpoint, what happens if you get hit by a truck?

I'm just
slightly concerned. What if a party submits a bid significantly higher
than
mine, the sellers & realtor have would obviously have incentive to go with
the higher bid. Is there any legal way they can do this? They would need
nullify my contract I expect.

Don't know what your contract says, so can't comment. In general, if you
have contracted with someone to buy a house from them, and they don't follow
through on their agreement, you can sue them for any damages that result
from their failure to comply. In practice, I suspect the situation is more
complicated.

Does this ever happen? am I being paranoid?

Maybe you're paranoid, maybe you're not. Either way, you should know that
it is routine to continue to show a house that's already under contract. If
everyone is being honest, the showings will come to naught unless you're
unable to fulfill your part of the bargain.