Jo User

Speedy Jim wrote:

She drinks from the tub?? Sorry. It's just that there
must be more severe contaminant sources than the tub.

The more likely vector would be touching the tub, then putting her hand
in her mouth. So far, with the quick tests I've done so far, the tub is
the only obvious source of lead. Water tests are pending, as are dust
tests, etc.

Second, would medical authorities expect elevated lead levels
to have occurred in only 7 weeks?? I don't know; I'm asking
a serious question.

The lab tech who called with results didn't know this, nor have I found
other information about the uptake time constant. The tech's suggested
retest time interval is 3-6 months, which suggests a longer time
constant, but then, I've learned to independently verify everything I'm
told by medical people. The child's lead levels at the old residence
were always below the concern threshold.

[snip]

You can get the tub sprayed with epoxy-like finsihes which are
"fairly" durable if you take good care of them; thy're not as
tough as porcelain finish though. How about a brand new tub
with no lead?

If it can be done safely, we'd like to keep the tub - it is rather
beautiful, and it would be hard to find an affordable replacement.