G&M

"mj" wrote in message
Hello all you DIY Sages!

I've just dug all the central heating pipes out of my concrete floors in

my
bungalow ~ the joints were not protected from the cement & were leaking

all
over the place. I now need to replace them all & was wondering whether or
not to use plastic pipes & pushfit connections.

Obviously they won't suffer the same fate as soldered copper joints but

how
do they compare with respect to their performance & reliability?

They are fine. All problems were solved years ago.

I have also discovered that I have 2 pumps in the heating circuit (11

rads)
~ currently only one is powered, the other looks pretty defunct. How much
resistance to the flow of water would this non working pump add? Do you

guys
think I should whip it out whiilst the system is drained, replace it or
leave alone?

Take it out. And if you can afford it take the other one out as well and
put in a Grundfos Alpha.