Aslaner

Default Packard Bell A720 stuck on "Soft power down" mode ?

As soosn as I trun it on, the high voltage comes on but it goes into that
"Soft power down" as per display.
I don't have diagram, with a diagram I could try tracing where this "Soft
power down " mode is being generated, it could be a problem or else it could
be that in the DPMS it detects a power down signal even thoguh there isn't
anything hooked up to the monitor.

So to recap;
1. It could be problem detected inside which cause the "Soft power down"
2. It could be a problem in the DPMS portion of the monitor telling the
monitor to shutdown even though it isn't connected

?

Any help appreciated, a diagram would help, if someone had the same machine
?