Kevin Singleton

"Lloyd Parker" wrote in message

No, they were unsure; that's why they had the inspectors there. And now
we
know.

They don't have inspectors on Guatemala, but nobody knows for sure if they
have WMD. The reason for the sanctions was to force Hussein to allow
inspections, and to ensure that his WMD were destroyed and/or accounted for.

And it turns out, the status was "defunct."

When, exactly, did you know that?

Towards the end, the inspectors were getting cooperation, as Kaye has
said.

"Towards the end" of a 12 year runaround, and only after it was clear that
Gore would not be president. Did you ever wonder why Hussein started
cooperating, all of a sudden?

If by "one or two" you mean zero.

When, exactly, did you know that?

To whom?

The authorization your congressman passed doesn't specify.

No, authorizing you to defend me if necessary is not the same as
authorizing you to launch a strike when I'm not threatened.

If you authorized me to strike against a "continuing threat", the way your
congressman did, it does.

--
Kevin
-=#=-