Norminn

Hullo,

We have recently (2 months ago) moved into a 100-year-old house. Last
week my 3-year-old was diagnosed for elevated lead levels in her blood.

I performed a lead-check test on our old, pitted and coarse, claw-tool
tub, and sure enough there is definitely lead present at the surface of
the tub.

Question is: what kind of refinishing/reglazing options do I have have
which will safely encapsulate the lead, and give me a nice durable
finish?

Seems like there are several spray-on/brush-on products, but is there
another level of refinishing quality above that?

TAI!

The bathtub would be low on my list of suspects, but I certainly am not
an expert. What led to the diagnosis? Child symptomatic? The most
common way for small children to be exposed to lead poisoning is chewing
on stuff painted with lead paint - windowsill, old crib with lead paint,
home-made toy, breathing dust after lead paint has been sanded. Sanding
lead paint can permeate the home with dust - bedding, carpet, drapes,
clothing, etc. Also need, perhaps, to consider other locales, such as
friends homes or daycare. Does your health department get involved?