Fogbank

Peter H wrote in message ...
Jones wrote:
I'm looking for cost effective laminate flooring for the DIYer. I'm
thinking of redoing the whole main floor of my home with it, which
consists of foyer, hall, closet, half bath, kitchen, living and dining
rooms. Any pros and cons to doing the kitchen? I was originally
thinking of just laying tile there for a "traditional" look.

Anyone know of "cheaper" cost for laminate flooring as opposed to the
traditional Lowe's and Home Depot stores? I live in the Baltimore
area. The cheapest I've seen so far is $1.50 to $1.75 a square foot
of Pergo. We don't plan on living in our house "forever", but the
carpets look hideous and it would probably sell better and easier
without that carpet as an eyesore.

If you are going to do the kitchen my recommendation would be to make
sure that your dishwasher is in good condition. A leak there can seep
under the floor and ruin it. As a matter of fact a leak anywhere could
do the same thing, but the dishwasher seems to be the most common problem.

Peter H

I agree. I've had mine down in the kitchen for 6 years and it's
perfect - cept where the cats water dish is and it's seeped under.