Decij

Default Oldham Septic Tanks

I am looking at purchasing a house with a non-working Oldham septic tank
in Southwest Ohio. A health inspection report says that the motor is missing.
My basic question is generally how long the septic tank should last. I am
worried that I could get the current problem repaired and then have a serious
problem down the road. This house was repossessed, so the bank is no help with
what is going on. If the whole thing needs to be replaced I would simply
reduce my purchase price by the cost of the replacement, which I understand is
about $15-$20,000 to install a new system. I would appreciate any comments
about the durability of this system, and whether I should insist that it be
replaced.

Thanks,

JD