Aquilonious

Default Faucet-mount water filter - Recommendations?

I currently have a Culligan FM-15 kitchen faucet water. It was rated
#1 for water taste a few years back by Consumer Reports. While I love
the taste of the water, the flow rate is glacial and the filters are
rather expensive. I'm now looking to replace it.

I've seen an Omni F-1 faucet mount filter for $14.97 at Walmart:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...702#long_descr

Is this filter any good? Does anyone here have one--what do you think
of it?

In Jan 03 Consumer Reports rated the GE Smar****er GXFM03C as the best
faucet mount filter tested. Any comments on this filter?

Any water filter recommedations under $40 would be greatly
appreciated.

p.s. If I had the money I'd buy the Kenmore 38460 undersink model.