Peter

"John" wrote in message
I think our oven is on the way out as food (joints etc.) take a lot longer
to cook than the recommended times at the recommended temps. Anybody know
how to check the temperature of an oven, without having to spend a fortune
on a suitable temp gauge? Are there any places they can be hired /
borrowed? Or am I likely to have anything in my garage or shed that may
help, i.e. certain things melt at certain temps. etc..

What sort of cooker is it ? Gas Electric ? Fan ?

Maplins sell a cheap DMM with a pyro function

Peter