Steve Walker

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 13:13:28 +0100, Andy Hall wrote:

On 4 Oct 2004 12:07:10 GMT, wrote:

Rick Hughes wrote:

It would be less likely with screened CAT5 ..... I take it you know that it
is not allowed to run data comms & power in same conduit or trunking -
unless physically separated?

With a slightly different application in mind I was wondering if the
armour of SWA would count as 'physical separation'? In my case it's
not for being in the same couduit it because I might want a separation
of less than 50mm between the SWA and some non-power cables.

No evidence to suggest that it is, Chris

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Book/6.6.1.htm

I agree that one would have to try pretty hard to breach tghe armour
and insulation, but it does say that all cables have to be insulated
to the standard for the highest voltage.

I'm sure that I've seen CAT5 cable rated to 250V. Still not the best
solution though.

Steve W