mj

Default Plastic pipes in CH

Hello all you DIY Sages!

I've just dug all the central heating pipes out of my concrete floors in my
bungalow ~ the joints were not protected from the cement & were leaking all
over the place. I now need to replace them all & was wondering whether or
not to use plastic pipes & pushfit connections.

Obviously they won't suffer the same fate as soldered copper joints but how
do they compare with respect to their performance & reliability?

I have also discovered that I have 2 pumps in the heating circuit (11 rads)
~ currently only one is powered, the other looks pretty defunct. How much
resistance to the flow of water would this non working pump add? Do you guys
think I should whip it out whiilst the system is drained, replace it or
leave alone?

Thanks for the anticipated help
Mike J