On 10 Oct 2004 11:26:16 GMT, someone wrote:

Feb. came and the rent check was 1/2 what it was supposed to be. The reason:
They had started deducting the security deposit. Same for March. They moved out
at end of March.

There is often a disconnect between what somebody is "supposed to" do,
and what they actually do. Especially in LL/Tenant relations! The
tenant thinks, what are they gonaa do - by the time they get to court,
I'll be gone....

I used to be a landlord. I choose not to be right now, though I might
again in the future. To OP, don't be one unless you want to be, and
don't regard it as trivial because you think its "just" for a short
period. What if its not? What if they don't leave when they werew
supposed to? What if, what if.

Especially don't do it merely for the mortgage payment amount!

-v.