Andy Hall

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 13:11:37 +0100, ":::Jerry::::"
wrote:

"Richard Porter" wrote in message
snip

The fact that 90% of mail readers on personal computers are OE is the
main cause of the Microsoft virus problem we have today.

No it is not, if MS wasn't around then people would be writing viruses for
what ever OS was most popular.

The REAL cause are the idiots and criminals who write and deploy the
viruses, MS are just as much a victim as those who become infected. You
wouldn't blame the victim of a mugging, after they had used a cash machine,
nor would you blame the Banks for making cash machines available, you would
blame the mugger.

The two come together. There are cash machines that use NT4 as part
of their operation. I was quite concerned when I learned that.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl