Bob Morrison

In a previous post Raymond Yeung says...
Yes, I agree with you that insurance should be bought in such areas. I
did hear certain people skipping insurance and counting on FEMA. So I thought
I would verify that claim. What sort of relieves had been distributed to
other disasterous states before?

The BEST you could hope for would be a low interest loan. FEMA will not
repair structures outright.

I gotta say that it sounds like you are really nervous about living in
California. My opinion is if you can't stand the risk then don't. Find
someplace else to live.

Many people don't like the rain here in the Pacific NW. I don't mind it
and in fact moved from the dry side of the state to to the wet side.

Don't force yourself to live where you know you will be on "pins and
needles" all the time. You will just be miserable and not enjoy life.
A job isn't worth that.

So, bottom line: either get comfortable with some risk or find another
situation. Don't expect the government to bail you out because they
won't.

--
Bob Morrison
R L Morrison Engineering Co