David Gale

"Ian St. John" wrote:
David Gale wrote:
"Abe" wrote:
I watched the debate and vote on C-SPAN when it was happening. I
think I'm interpreting the authorization correctly (of course, I'm
not above admitting I'm wrong if you can point me to an official
document that says the authorization was for something different
from what I'm saying).

Abe, please see my response to you elsewhere in this thread.

Or, at least, Section 3 of
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c107:H.J.RES.114.ENR:

Still waiting for you to say something meaningful. I can see why you just
post references. You hope that people will get confused?

No, I hope that people will cross-check my facts, verifying them for
themselves. I do not expect (or want) people to take my opinion as solid
fact; I want them to consider the issue, examine the facts, and make the
decision for themselves. I strive to never simply declare someone wrong; I
try to find relevant documentary evidence which backs up my claim. I do
not, for instance, try to argue that something like an authorization by the
US congress for the US president to use US forces is actually an
authorization for the president to beg the UN to actually enforce
resolutions that had been "in effect" for twelve years, or anything silly
like that.

Oh, that's right, you do that. Oops.
om)