Rob Morley

In article , ":::Jerry::::"
says...

"Richard Porter" wrote in message
snip

The fact that 90% of mail readers on personal computers are OE is the
main cause of the Microsoft virus problem we have today.

No it is not, if MS wasn't around then people would be writing viruses for
what ever OS was most popular.

Windows has a virtual monopoly of the desktop, and has historically put
convenience and fancy features before security. Were it not so
prevalent, or had Microsoft woken up to the problem they were creating
before their current "security before all else (but you have to buy XP
to do it, and SP2 might break your favourite applications)" marketing
ploy, then it would be harder for viruses to spread like wildfire in the
way that we have seen over the past few years.