Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
stuart noble wrote:
Does anyone care what Which say anyway? Testing everything under the sun
must lead to a lot of corner cutting and false assumptions. Tools should
be tested in the real world, and not by somebody with a publishing
deadline to meet.

The only people who should care are those who pay for it. However, most
who comment unfavourably on their findings don't subscribe - or even read
the entire report. And I'm not aware of them cutting corners in testing.
After all, that's what their main purpose is. Or certainly what I
subscribe for.

I'd say the jigsaw is the main (possibly the only)
power tool where you should pay as much as you can afford. These days I
get away with cheap drills, circular saws, planers, that all perform
close enough to more expensive ones I've owned in years gone by. But a
cheap jigsaw is guaranteed frustration.

I'd certainly agree there. I've no regrets about buying a decent one. Of
course, if you're not sure how much use it will get, a cheap one may make
sense and then replace it with a good one as your skills improve.

--
*Too many clicks spoil the browse *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.