Richard Porter

On 10 Oct 2004 Capitol wrote:

Yes, top post it as in any normal email or filing system.
90% of all news readers are OE.

In normal email it has always been good practice to edit the quoted
text and reply point by point as necessary. Bad habits came in with
tin-pot office mail systems like Quickmail and ICL's abortion the name
of which escapes me. Quickmail definitely encouraged you to reply at
the top and use silly graphical backgrounds.

And then you've got all the new people coming in who buy Windows PCs
because they don't know there's anything better and they just do what
seems easiest at the time. It's laziness that actually gives you more
work to do, like driving forwards into a parking space.

I really hate computers that pretend they're filing systems and
therefore have all the disadvantages of paper-based systems. I call a
directory a directory, not a "folder". Have you ever tried folding one?

The fact that 90% of mail readers on personal computers are OE is the
main cause of the Microsoft virus problem we have today.

--
Richard Porter
Mail to username ricp at domain minijem.plus.com