Greg G.

Dave jackson said:

I am also a HF skeptic and I too bought the same set of turning tools.
Being new to turning, and not having much spare cash after buying the lathe,
I thought these would be a great cheap starter set to learn how to turn and
sharpen without fear of destroying an expensive set. Although I have
nothing to compare them to, I really have no complaints about them thus far.
They are sized well, comfortable to use and they seem to hold an edge well.
On the other hand, whenever I decide to purchase a good set, I have a cheap
set to regrind into other profiles. While I was at HF I also grabbed
several 50 yd. rolls of 1" emery cloth in assorted grits for I think $3or$4
a roll. This cloth is nice for finish sanding spindles while still in the
lathe. -dave

My sentiments exactly.

Greg G.