IMM

wrote in message ...
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article ,
IMM wrote:

A jigsaw is something which few people
have a real need for. Few pros use
them enough to worth bothering with.

You're talking ******** again. When doing
an average plumbing job in an
average house, a jigsaw would be second
only to a drill in use, power tools wise.

I have done countless pipe jobs in houses and never used a jigsaw. I can't
see where I would use one. The new rotozip thingies are great for cutting
floorboards right on the joist. Circular saw are great for removing tongues
in T&G.

He must cut his plastic pipe with his jigsaw.

Well, for once, I agree with IMM. I have a jigsaw and I do lots of
DIY plumbing and electrical work around the house but I very rarely
use the jigsaw. In fact the *only* thing I can remember using it for
over the past year or so is chopping some holes out of plasterboard
(dry lined walls) for some sockets. For every other sort of cutting
job I do I have better (as in better suited, not necessarily more
expensive) tools.

I have never seen a kitchen fitter cut out a hob or sink hole with a jigsaw.
Most have I watched used a circular saw and finished off the corners with a
handsaw. I have seen some use a router with a clamped straight edge.