"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article ,
Tony Bryer wrote:
Well no, but you're not the person it's intended for. I suspect
that the average DIYer's jigsaw doesn't see 15 hours of use in its
entire life. If you're likely only to use it for a one-off kitchen
refit and then rarely paying £19 for something that will do a good
job for you in these circumstances is a good alternative to going
to a hire shop. If you're a serial kitchen fitter then it is not a
sensible choice.

I'd say my jigsaw is my second most used power tool in a variety of DIY
and hobby use. I bought a good Bosch many years ago to replace a working
but wobbly B&D which in turn replaced a drill attachment. And the Bosch
has performed faultlessly - long after the high cost was forgotten. The
B&D kept on wearing out its blade support, and was a real PITA to change
blades. The Bosch SDS system (was) almost worth it on its own as IIRC was
unique at the time.

I very rarely use my jigsaw, it's the tool I use when nothing else
will do, and that's pretty rarely. The commonest use I have for it is
chopping out holes in plasterboard where a 'super duper' one is not
really much better than a 'good enough' one.

What do you use your jig-saw so regularly for?

--
Chris Green