Andy Hall

Default Wiring a dimmer switch....

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 21:37:11 GMT, (Lurch) wrote:

I was simply providing a small piece of additional information, so
that the OP, who was uncertain about which way wires go in a 1 way
switch, would be prompted to investigate further should he work on a 2
way switch in the future. If somebody changes one switch, then they
may be planning to change another.

I didn't provide complete information on how to wire a 2 way switch
because that was not necessary.

1. Mentioning 2 way was totally unneccesary, that's kind of what I was
getting at.

I said

"If it's only a one way switch, as this is, then it doesn't matter.

It would matter if it were a 2way switch and there were three or more
wires."

That's clear enough.

2. If you're going to bring it up explain fully, half a story confuses
people more than it helps.

There was no "half a story".

3. I haven't a clue what you're on about anyway, I'm losing the will
to live.

Simply clarifying what I said. If you are confused, I'm sorry, but
it's clear enough.

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.

..andy